Lamb's Ear News

What's New




I'm Roxi, the owner of Lamb's Ear.

Reggie, the Yarn Shop Dog.



I'm a Knitting Grandma

...to the Lamb's Ear Blog. Serving friends and customers of Lamb's Ear, 4631 Pacific Ave., Tacoma, WA 98408. Phone 253-472-7695. Check back often to see what's new and exciting at the yarn shop. I hope you enjoy your visit.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Go Seahawks!

OK, so I'm not a sports fan (by any stretch of the imagination). But some of my customers are. And I've been commissioned to produce some yarn in Seahawks colors. Just one problem. The dyes I use don't really match any of the team colors. Time to play "mad scientist" and do some mixing. This is what I came up with:


The dye swatches turned out nice. Now to see if I can dye it up in the skein and have it look good. The crock pot is cooking as I type. I'll report back later.

Well, the first batch proved that the pacific blue and neon green looked good, but there was still something missing. Needs more blue. Back to the dye pots tomorrow.


Roxi| 3:14 PM 1 comments
|


1 Comments:

I would be interested in knowing when you're seahawks green is ready. And how much it will cost. I only need enough to weave 2 strands down the length of a couple of scarves (probably about a total of 25 ft, just to play it safe). I live in SE Washington and I have been having a hard time finding a green that I feel matches the seahawks green until I saw yours. Very good work!!!

By Blogger Josh H, at 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment




blogger powered

1greenEYE Designs



Pacific Northwest Stuff