Lamb's Ear News

What's New




I'm Roxi, the owner of Lamb's Ear.

Reggie, the Yarn Shop Dog.



I'm a Knitting Grandma

...to the Lamb's Ear Blog. Serving friends and customers of Lamb's Ear, 4631 Pacific Ave., Tacoma, WA 98408. Phone 253-472-7695. Check back often to see what's new and exciting at the yarn shop. I hope you enjoy your visit.

Thursday, June 14, 2007
Sharing Some Sea Shell Stuff

Say that 5 times fast.

I haven't had any opportunity to dye this week, so I've been knitting with hand dyed yarn as the next best thing. I started with 440 yards of worsted weight yarn in Sea Shells. I was able to knit one adult sock (I only need one for display) and one child's size 1 cardigan. These items were knit single strand with the same dye lot. I did not alternate between skeins. As you can see, the yarn did not pool and both items match. The fact that it didn't pool has me quite excited, as that was one of my pet peeves regarding hand dyed or variegated yarns. Today I began knitting the Shoalwater Shawl from Fiber Trends using some of my hand dyed lace weight yarn. I'll let you know how it turns out. Lace isn't usually something I yearn to knit but using hand dyed yarn makes it much more appealing.









Roxi| 4:56 PM 0 comments
|


0 Comments:

Post a Comment




blogger powered

1greenEYE Designs



Pacific Northwest Stuff